Australian Engineering Specialists
The reliable engineering Company with a broad range of practical abilities.
Chess Engineering is firmly established as a reliable steel fabricator, manufacturing to Australian standards of quality and safety. We conceptualise, design, fabricate and install all metals including mild steel, bisalloy, stainless, aluminium, titanium, etc. Our capacity and technology covers an array of markets including specialisation in:
- Rail rolling stock and track
- Food and beverage
- Flame proofing
- Mobile cranes
- General engineering
“Some clients only want a design solution, while others require fabrication, and/or installation. The ability to understand the client’s requirement is as critical as having the engineering skill base.”
With strict adherence to industry protocols, we place emphasis on using our own ERP system, which allows us to fully and seamlessly track jobs, from the enquiry stage all the way through to the final delivery docket.
“Our project management team manages the job from “cradle-to-grave”. Clear communication between client, design and production is a key part of this role”
Divided into sectors, our workshops include:
- Boiler shop: Heavy cranage, road signs, gantries and platforms, bending presses, and large mining projects, particularly in Perth.
- Sheet metal: Dominated by stainless steel projects, with strict separation of metals.
- Machining: Fitted with CNC milling machines, mills, lathes and borers.
- Fitting: General fitting including cryogenic fitting.
- Blast booth: Using metal grit (Sydney).
- Painting: Equipped for painting and finishing of small to medium-scale projects (Sydney).
- Flame proofing: Conversion of equipment for use in hazardous areas.
- Mobile cranes: Inspected, serviced and repaired at our facilities or on site of primarily truck mounted equipment (Perth).
Other routine services we provide include:
- Experienced, licensed site crews, permanently or temporary
- Plant inspections and repairs
- Planned shut downs
- Regular and routine service tasks
- Mobile service contracts
- Compliance checks
- Inspections including welding inspector
“A reliable engineering business with a broad range of practical abilities: we are well equipped and highly useful to know.”